Amanda Uhl, Cleveland, Ohio author, has been recognized with numerous awards and honors for her books, including the prestigious Stiletto award in 2019 for her yet unpublished contemporary romance, Sweet Stuff, and second place in the 2019 Diamonds in the Desert contest for her yet published paranormal romantic suspense novel, Healing Kiss.
All Amanda’s books are set in Cleveland, Ohio where she currently lives and works, which lends a realistic quality to the books’ settings.
Reviewers have called her paranormals “unique,” citing the mix of contemporary, paranormal and suspense elements, and recommend her contemporary romance for “original stories that make her characters and challenges more real.” Readers say her books are “hard to put down,” have them “glued to the pages” and are “filled with suspense and intrigue.” Her contemporaries are often praised for creating a cozy, small-town feel.
Whether paranormal, romantic suspense or contemporary, if you like your books with action, humor, and surprise endings, then you’ll want to check out all her books.
- Bronze medal, Paranormal Category, 2015 Rudy Contest
- Second place, 2015 Central Ohio Fiction Writers Ignite the Flame Contest in the category of Paranormal/Fantasy/Time Travel/Futuristic
- Runner up, 2015 Music City Romance Writer’s Pitch Context
- Finalist, Paranormal Category, 2017 Kathryn Hayes When Sparks Fly
- Finalist, Paranormal Category, 2017 I Heart Indie Awards
- Bronze medalist in the 2016 Cleveland Rocks Romance Writers Contest
- Recipient of Books & Benches Reviewer’s Choice Seal of Excellence
- Five star rating and voted Book of the Month by the Long and Short Reviews
- 2020 Paranormal Romance Guild Reviewer’s Choice Award Nominee
- Winner of the 2019 Stiletto Contest for Contemporary Mid-length Unpublished Category
Healing Kiss (unpublished)
- Second Place in the Paranormal Category of the 2019 Diamonds in the Desert contest.
- Finalist in the 2021 The Far Side Contest (winners announced Aug. 29, 2021).
- Finalist in the 2021 Rudy Writing Contest (winners announced Sept. 11, 2021)